I quietly created a basic poll the other day which auto-posted and which I totally forgot to put a formal announcement for. I also wanted to kinda make up a community award …and I have named it simply Best Games of 2012. For, you know …2012.
So …what are the best games of 2012 in your opinion? The poll is on the sidebar on the right, at the very top and will run through the end of 2012.
Don’t worry about strict dates, so long as you bought it during and after 2011, it’s fair game! We can’t decide for everyone what the best game in 2012 was, but as a community we can throw our 2 cents into the pot. I put a small starter list on the poll just to jog some memories, but you can enter the name of your favorite game by clicking the option named “Other” and filling in the blank.
Also, the last poll was about your favorite WoW raid dungeon. At least in the Red Skies community, the overwhelming majority of players enjoyed Ulduar best of all of WoW, from vanilla to Cataclysm with Karazhan a very close second choice. I don’t have Mists of Pandaria, so I’m not likely to put up a poll for it …but one of you surely can! Here’s the recap from that poll, which ran for a month:
- World Raids: Kazzak and Gruul were tied!
- Molten Core: Ragnaro, with Major Domo just 1 vote away from a tie!
- Blackwing Lair: Vaelestraz the Corrupt
- Zul’Gurub: Jin’do the Hexxer
- Ruin’s of AQ: General Rajaxx
- Temple of AQ: Sartura and C’thun tied!
- Naxx 1.0: Patchwerk, Heign, 4 Horsemen, and Kel’thuzad tied!
- Karazhan: Shade of Aran
- Zul’Aman: Hex Lord Malakras
- Serpentshrine Cavern: Leotheras the Blind and Lady Vashj tied!
- Tempest Keep: Kael’thas Sunstrider
- Black Temple: Reliquary of Souls and Illidan tied!
- Sunwell: Kalecgos
- Naxx 3.0: Saphiron and Thaddius tied!
- Ulduar: Yogg-Saron
- Icecrown Citadel: The Lich King
- Blackwing Decent: Nefarian and Atramedes tied!
- Bastion of Twilight: Chog’all
- Throne of the 4 Winds: Council of the Frou Winds and Al’Akir tied!
- Firelands: Alysrazor and Heroic Ragnaros tied!
As you can see, LOTS of ties, which is good. It shows a good range of player choice, though in some cases the players in this community clearly preferred some rather popular encounters. This was a really interesting poll to watch as the numbers rolled in and I’ll definitely try to host another large poll like this one in the future.
Thanks for participating! In the meantime, go cast another vote on the new poll for the Best Games of 2012!
New BlogWelcome to the TR Red Skies Archive. For my latest work, head over to XP Chronicles.com.
Recent Posts: XP Chronicles
We cannot display posts for this blog.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
TagsAbout Red Skies Adventure Games Anime Anita Sarkeesian ARPG Beat This Beta Testing Blogging Browser Games Community Consumer Rights Currently Playing Development Dev Interviews DLC DRM Dusty Tomes Elder Scrolls Online Ethics in Game Design Faeria Free to Play Gamer Interests Game Studios Gaming Community Gaming History Guilds Humor Indie Development Joint Collaboration Kickstarter MMOG MOBA Games Newbie Blogger Initiative Poll RPG Games Sandbox Games Sexism Sexualization Skyrim Citizens Journal Society and Culture Strategy Games The Stick Series World of Warcraft WoW Exposed XP Chronicles